Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Morning Catchup

my morning catchup essentials : NIV Bible, my pink bunny devotion notebook, an old copy of Our Daily Bread devotional , my handmade bookmark and multi-tint pen


I am not a morning person, never been and never will be.  

Living here in Japan, my mornings are somewhat laidback and carefree.  Except on Sundays when I need to get up early to prepare for church or days when I have a morning appointment (rare though).

I set my alarm clock at 7:30 AM , but too often after hitting the stop button, I go back to bed for more winks before I get up and out of bed an hour after.  I do my morning bathroom rituals and then prepare my breakfast .

For breakfast, I usually just have a toast with orange marmalade.  Some days I eat rice, fish, slices of fruit, slices of whatever is leftover from last night's dinner.  These with  tall glass of water is just fine with me, or a glass of cold green tea.  

Then I go back to bed, no not to sleep but to stretch out for a very important part of the morning - my morning catchup with my Lord! 

I take out my Bible, devotional (Our Daily Bread), small devotion notebook and a pen.  Then I let the Lord tell me what His message for me for the day through His word.  I write the things that I needed to remember , some of my thoughts and musings in the notebook.  Then I talk to the Lord about my day,or whatever I fancy.

I am glad to have such beautiful mornings with my Lord while here in Kobe.  I know this won't last because life would be somehow different after I leave here in six months time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment