Saturday, September 12, 2015

Fun @ Kobe Animal Kingdom part 1


This place was called Kachoen (Flower and Bird Park) before until the new management changed its name to Kobe Animal Kingdom this year.  Located on Port Island, this is one of my favorite places here in Kobe, mostly because of the lovely begonias and the hanging plants in their lunch area.  Ever since the Dobashi family took me here several years back, I often return to this place (alone or with friends) to have a great time.  The entrance fee is Y1,500 per adult, and about Y700 for children.

My favorite nook in this place is where the flowers are .



Back then this place had owls, penguins, toucans, lovebirds, pelicans, peacocks and other kinds of birds whose names my old brain cannot recall.  I had such great fun feeding the toucans most especially. 

Recently, the new management added more animals, probably to attract more kids (which means of course, more yen since kids always come with parents and siblings) .  The best thing now is that they added more animals shows, and contact areas for animals and people to bond.
moi feeding a toucan while another one down on the ground is waiting for his turn
an alpaca

a staff trying to hold this alpaca while people bond with it
see the young kangaroo trying to get his head into the mum's pouch for milk
can you see the lemur?  now I understand the phrase"flying lemur" . These cute creatures "fly" from one branch to another.
I don't know the name of this animal .  But it was fun to watch the kids feed it with strips of leaves.  I think it was so full, it could hardly walk and yet it was so nice enough to indulge the kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment