Monday, September 14, 2015

Down The Road

Walking is my favorite form of exercise.  Sometimes I do brisk walking, especially on cold days.  But most of the time, I just walk slowly and leisurely and enjoy the sights.  

I usually take walks where there are people and where there are many things to see.  And that means, the center of the town/city is the best place for me.  

Here in Kobe, I usually do my weekly walks on Sunday afternoons or Mondays.  Sannomiya, Motomachi or Harborland areas are often my happy destinations.

Last Sunday afternoon, I walked down south of Flower Road to go to Doi Shop.  I wanted to check out their embroidery stuff.  So after church and lunch, off I went.

Along the way, I saw a few interesting things.


These are at the corner of a busy intersection.  Don't you think it is lovely to enjoy this sight while waiting to cross the street?


Manhole covers are an interesting sight too.  As I stopped to take this photo, I couldn't help thinking how this thing will be able to survive on a Philippines sidewalk?  :)   I'm sure, it might not even last a day, with all the streetchildren or thugs who will surely take this out for a scrap iron fast deal, something that can be done and over in a few minutes.

From Doi shop , I crossed the main Flower Road to get to the Motomachi Shopping area.  It's a long stretch of covered walk where shops are lined on both sides.  


I passed by a shop that sells fruits, nuts and sweets.  This was among the displays.  I had to go back to take a photo.  Can hardly believe that one young coconut (butong or buko) can cost around 200 pesos here !!  


From Motomachi, I turned around to go back to Sannomiya Center Gai, then went down the escalator to Santica/Sony Plaza area.  There is a bakery and snack area down there among the food shops.  I found this thing on its glass wall.  

Isn't this amusing?  Panis pan !!!  No one in the Luzon area, or at least those who can understand Tagalog would buy the bread in this shop.  Haha!  (Panis means rotten, spoiled food ).

No comments:

Post a Comment