Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wish This Were Mine

The church has lent me a quilt to use as a bed cover while I'm here.  This has been my favorite piece of applique handwork, so far.  I wonder how much time did it take for this to be done.  I'm grateful that I get to use a very pretty work of art.


What makes this bed cover interesting is that there are different designs for each block, all with the same material and color.  It takes a lot of ingenuity, creativeness, patience and perseverance to be able to finish a thing such as this. 









I don't exactly know the name of the lady missionary who did this and left this with the church here.  But I think it was very brilliant of her to make a signature block among the pretty ones .  It has her initials and a year.  I guess this was the year she made or completed this artwork. I don't know where she is now, but I'm glad that she left such a precious treasure. 








No comments:

Post a Comment