Friday, January 16, 2015

What to give to picky kids for the Christmas snacks

A big dilemma for me while planning the Christmas lesson and activity  was about the food.  For someone like me who does not enjoy cooking and does not have any ideas about baking, what treats should I get for the kids/students during the Christmas snacks? Should I give them store-bought goodies, or should I make something from scratch to save money?

So again, to the internet I went for ideas.  Martha Stewart's site is  always the first one I go to for ideas, and then to other sites for more.

Here's one idea that I liked - simple , cheap and healthy.  It was a huge hit !!!
Hulled strawberries on a toothpick and topped with a white mini-marshmallow!  Don't they look like Santa's hats?

Well, the rest of the treats for that day were cookies and candies that I bought from shops here.

One of the class chaplains, Fujimori-san, was so generous and nice  to buy a huge, yummy Christmas cake for the Tue classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment