Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sorry- for- the -inconvenience- and- thanks -for -everything- Gift






I was given this present two weeks ago.  One of the students in my Junior High School class is not continuing for health reasons.  She had been absent for more than a couple of times due to sickness.  Her frail body needs some rest from all the stress brought about by a hectic school and after-school activities.

  The Japanese give a present to the person whom they think would be inconvenienced by their actions.  In this case, the mom and daughter think that her decision not to continue the English lessons would be an inconvenience to me and her classmate.  So they gave me this present.

I'd like to think that this is also sort of a Thanks-for-everything present.  

Isn't this a respectful and sweet custom of the Japanese?  

No comments:

Post a Comment