Wednesday, April 1, 2015

When in the mood

I seldom cook, not because I can't , but because I don't find it worth my time.  With all the preparations: peeling, slicing, cutting, etc.  and afterwards the tidying up and washing --- these simply are not  my cup of tea.  The kitchen is not a happy place for me.

Some people I know find cooking relaxing and fulfilling.  But it is more stressful for me.  More so, when guests are expected.  Would they find it tasty?  How can I present a dish?  How can I set the table?  Which side dishes go with the main dish? etc. etc.

But there are times (very rare, actually) I would invite friends over for dinner.  Just like last March 26th, Thursday evening.  I invited Yoshimi for dinner because she would soon be moving to Wakayama City.

She has long requested and craved for my vegetable lumpia (which she first tasted way back in 1994), and so I made that for her.  Along with it is the sotanghon-canton mix that I like.

Well, in spite of the stress - yes, I kept  looking at the clock on the wall...I did it!  We had an enjoyable evening and a memorable one too.


As to when the next cooking mood will hit me....only God knows ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment