Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Delightful Walk

A long walk on a cloudy, chilly spring afternoon turned out to be a delight.  I wanted to see how the cherry blossoms were doing in our area and nearby neighborhood that day.

I walked down south to Route 2 and yes, the cherry trees were in their best so I took a few shots.  Then I turned the corner after two blocks to go north, towards the JR station.

What a delightful surprise !  Almost hidden among bushes by the sidewalk were pretty spring blossoms.  Their names?  I don't have any idea at all.  But they were such a sight.





Excited to see more....I went past the train station, up towards the Hankyu train station.  The pink cherry trees there were still in buds.  So I went down west towards the river to head home.  As I turned round the corner of the last block by the river, pretty blooms were turning their heads towards the afternoon setting sun.

These flowers were planted in pots and placed outside a home by the roadside.  I take my hats off to the man or woman of the house for a good job of growing these gorgeous sights.







No comments:

Post a Comment