Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sakura Season 2015 (part 1)


The Sakura (cherry blossoms) forecast for this year says that the trees will start blooming in our area last week of March and will be in full bloom on the first week of April.

So one fine afternoon during my spring break, I set out to find out if this was true.  I went out to check first the cherry tree that is by the small river two blocks from our church.  I often pass this way to the JR Settsu Motoyama train station.  And yes, some blooms were already open and the others were still  buds.  Nevertheless, it was such a delight to my eyes (and soul).

the sakura by the river at Okamoto

Then I remembered Nada area has lots of  cherry trees, too.  So I got off at Nada station to check.  True enough, some trees were also in bloom. 

near JR Nada south exit

on the way to the Nada museum

the blooms near an apartment at HAT Kobe area

the tree-lined walkway at HAT Kobe 

No comments:

Post a Comment