Friday, June 6, 2014

lunch smorgasbord

There's a place in Kobe that I would love to go to very often, that is, if only I can afford it.  This is by the sea and more than a couple of times, a friend from church took me here for lunch dates.  The place is called Kobe Meriken Park Oriental Hotel.

We usually take the shuttle bus from Sannomiya bus station (below the Mint building) to this hotel.  It takes about 15 minutes to get there.

The hotel lobby is not really that impressive, compared to other 5-star hotels that I've been to.  In fact, I find the lobby lighting a bit dark.  But there's a round glass table somewhere near the entrance that is often laden with interesting and spectacular floral arrangements.  I always stop by to get my photo taken.  Here is the latest display:

Can you see the fruits and vegetables design?
My friend took me here many times for lunch.  Twice a day, this hotel offers buffet meals.  Lunch is a bit cheaper than dinner, I guess.  The sign as we entered had this "Lunch buffet Y2,500 "(app. 25USD) and the array is gorgeous.

These are what I took to my lunch table: 



Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the dessert that I ate.  But I remember having some tiny prune tart, a small slice of roll cake and a small cup of pudding.

The ambience is warm and refreshing as it is by the sea.  You can see the port view with all the sea vessels through the glass walls. The staff are friendly and accommodating.   The pictures on the walls are interesting, too. 
I always had a relaxing, beautiful time in this place.  As to when exactly would I be able to visit this place again and savor their delicious and enchanting lunch spread , I do not know.  I just hope it will be soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment