Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kobe Honeymoon

Lany & Jillius at the hotel lobby

Lany, my cousin (Papa's side) got hitched last Jan 25th.  She and her husband, Jillius, decided to have a Japan honeymoon on the first week of February.  Among the places they went to was Kobe.

My sister and I decided to give the couple a paid -one-night- stay and a lunch buffet at a luxurious hotel here in Kobe as our gift for them.  Right on top of my choices for their stay was the Kobe Meriken Park Oriental Hotel. 



Kobe Meriken Park Oriental Hotel is located in the harbor area of Kobe City.  Its shape is like a ship and when you see it from afar , it's like floating on water. 


I've been  to this hotel many times for the sumptuous lunch buffet, courtesy of a good friend from church.  Each time was always memorable for me.  

The dishes on that day were Japanese, Chinese , Western and Italian. Crabs were on the table too, and my cousin and her husband enjoyed their plateful of dainty looking crabs.  I had to beg off because I'm allergic to seafoods. 

my dessert plate

This hotel is  very close to one of my favorite shopping areas, Harborland.   We strolled around the hotel areas , around the Kobe Port Tower and the Harborland for snapshots and sightseeing before we went back to the hotel for the lunch buffet.





No comments:

Post a Comment