Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Class Christmas Tree 2014


Right after the Thanksgiving unit was done, I started to think about the Christmas lessons and activities that the classes will have this year.

I decided to make it simple , with less hassle or stress as much as possible.  Less muscle pain and less pocket drain  is my Christmas Unit aim for 2014. 

I thank the Lord for guiding me and leading me to many websites for this.

I started planning for the classroom decorations first. Should I put up a tree for them?  Christmas is definitely not Christmas to the kids without a tree. I wanted something made by the kids themselves or something recycled.  Definitely, buying a plastic tree is out of the question.  

Thankfully I found the site that showed photos of Kids Handprints Christmas Tree.  So I got the kids buzzing happily in pairs last week while tracing their hands on green cartolinas.

 

and this was how their handprints Christmas tree looked like.....

These are the handprints of all the Kids Classes.  Well, I added mine to the pile...for the trunk or base of the Christmas tree! 

The star on top of the tree is a recycled snowflake ornament made of felt.  The paper strips for the garland were sold in packets at the local 100yen store.   

I printed out a coloring page for kids that has a big picture of a gift on it.  While coloring this picture, I remembered a well-loved Christmas storybook that I had decades ago that had strips or flaps on a page .  You open that flap and you can see a small picture or drawing of a thing that is in the story.

And that's how I got the idea of making a flap to this picture.  They "open"  the gift and they see what' s  inside...the most precious gift everyone will ever have! 



No comments:

Post a Comment