Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Poinsettia Varieties

You know, it's nearing Christmas here when you see all those poinsettias in almost all of the flower shops.

Poinsettias are green most of the time, except during winter time when the petals start  to turn red .  The common variety is the deep red ones.  These are what we often see in gardens, windows or table tops around Christmas time.

One lovely day in November, I took a long stroll down south towards Route 2 and headed for the COOP Livin.  This is one of my favorite shops in that area because of their affordable yet lovely household items.  I often buy my pillowcases from this store.

The entrance to this store is my favorite spot - where they display the plants and garden things.  This was what greeted me there that day.




I went closer to get a better look at these beautiful varieties of poinsettias .  It was a feast for my eyes as I didn't know before that some of these plants come in pink and pale yellow!






I wonder what they did to these plants to make a "design" on these blooms! 


Of all the varieties displayed there , this is my favorite.  It has layers of petals in different shades of pink.  I've never seen this lovely variety before. 


I think  my Mama and Lolo  who had the green thumbs in the family would have been very elated to see these kinds of poinsettias.  

But then, I believe all the beauty they're seeing now in Heaven is incomparable to all the magnificent flowers in the whole world!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment