Friday, October 9, 2015

Bahay Kubo

We have a "bahay kubo" in our backyard.  It was built supposedly for small family & friends gathering because our old house then (which was built by my maternal grandparents way back in the '70s) had a very small living room.  So when we had company for lunch or snacks we entertain them in our quaint bahay kubo.

Amazingly, it was not destroyed during the Typhoon Yolanda.  My parents used the shack as a storage area for all the things left by the devastation.  It took awhile after my mama's passing for me to sort all the things there and move them to a room in the newly built house.

I plan to have the bahay kubo repaired as soon as I can.  I hope it will look nice and welcoming to friends and family who will come for a visit with us.  So I have been looking at photos on the internet of bahay kubos to get an idea of how I want ours to be like.












No comments:

Post a Comment